The Transformative Power of Suffering
Welcome to Season 6, Episode 1 of the This Is Your Life podcast. My regular cohost, Michele Cushatt, is back after a harrowing battle with cancer. And in this first episode of the new season, we’re discussing the transformative power of suffering.
“Nobody wants to talk about suffering, but it is invaluable.” So says Michele Cushatt on her return to This Is Your Life. In discussing her journey through cancer, Michele distills three key takeaways any listener can use to prepare for, get through, and benefit from a challenging turn of events.
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- One shift that can change how we experience practically any circumstance.
- How suffering can help us sort out what’s truly important in life.
- Why going to the limits of our experience can actually be more liberating than anything else.
- The one thing we cannot escape—and why we do our very best to ignore it.
- Why perfection is illusory to us and alienating to others—and how vulnerability opens doors.
- What suffering can do to our friendships, pro and con.
- Why the world needs us all to fight on, even in the midst of the worst suffering.
- The one question you can ask anyone who’s going through any trial.
The best stories are usually built on suffering.
– Michele Cushatt
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Website: MicheleCushatt.com
- Book: Michele’s memoir, Undone: A Story of Making Peace With an Unexpected Life
- Book: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
Originally posted on Michael Hyatt’s Website.
Trending on Affluent Investor
Sorry. No data so far.